Sunday, September 8, 2013

Blog Post #3

I believe providing feedback to our peers is very helpful.Telling someone how good they wrote something or helping them with problems that they had after writing is always important. In the video Peer Editing it explained how you should edit someones work. In this video they said that is was always good idea to start with compliments because the number one rule was stay positive when editing someones paper. I like this rule to start with compliments because if someone comments and all they talk about is how you messed up or how your work didn't make sense it makes it hard reading those comments even if it is the truth.

The way we peer edit in our group is private which we do in Google documents. I like this method because only you and your group can see what they have to say about your work and not everyone can read and see it, and it is an easy fix. Which makes it easier for people to tell you that you made mistakes or you need to fix this and so on. To me that is the most effective way to help someone in your group with their work without being in the same room as them and reading over everything they write.

When doing C4C, I always try to say the things I like about the post first. I think that gets the writer something positive to look at and makes it where not all comments are negative. After I write what I like about their post I put my feedback which is just suggestions to help them with their blog and things that they might have missed while writing it and to help them improve on the next time they write something.


3 comments:

  1. I agree with you it is much easier to read and take criticism when the person starts off with something positive. Our group also uses Google comments to correct each others work. I think this is makes it more comfortable for the person analyzing the other person's work. Your blog is very well written. You do need to add the links to the videos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jake,
    I like what you have to say about giving positive feedback first. It does make it very easy to continue reading and when the bad comments come out they don't as bad due to the good comments putting like a protective barrier up. I do feel though that links would help you a lot with your explanation. other then some small grammatical errors it was a smashing blog.

    ReplyDelete